Opportunity for a cutting-edge blockchain company to build a smart contract prototype for UNICEF Kazakhstan to track results for children.
Are you a company with experience in building open source blockchain smart contract solutions on Ethereum? Can you build a smart contract prototype that has a potential to transform the way international organizations like UNICEF track their funding streams and monitor results?
UNICEF Kazakhstan is looking for a cutting-edge blockchain company to develop and prototype a smart contract on the Ethereum blockchain that tracks transactions between UNICEF and partners and verifies results achieved for children, enhancing transparency and efficiency of how UNICEF deals with its implementing partners on the ground.
The company will i) develop an open-source prototype that programmes UNICEF’s agreement with its implementing partners on the ground (Governments, NGOs, academic institutions) as smart contracts into the blockchain; and ii) find ways to automatically verify appropriate use of resources and results achieved by partners, in a way that can feed the verification to the blockchain based smart contract and automatically release the payment.
This is an exciting real-world prototype that has the potential to significantly showcase the potential of blockchain smart contracts for social good. UNICEF Kazakhstan, with support from the UNICEF Innovation Fund, will develop and test a smart contract to be used internally within UNICEF finance flow/monitoring processes. The aim of the project is to test smart contract that will enable decrease the banking fee for transactions, will shorten the time spent for spot-checks, provide clearance of operations and will improve the efficiency in dealing with the partners. The findings from the pilot will be widely shared wand will guide the use of smart contract across UNICEF globally.
To qualify, the company must demonstrate:
– The ability to provide open-source technology solutions to make smart contract
– Experience in solidity, the Ethereum blockchain, smart contracts, deploying contracts in the Ethereum blockchain
– Have a good understanding of startup ecosystem and technology systems in Kazakhstan and its challenges
– Experience in providing real-time data for monitoring of project progress
– Training experience (organization staff) working with end users.
– Experience working with UNICEF and/or on a similar projectRead the full Request for Proposals and how to apply here.