Job Number: 508331 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Headquarters Locations: Denmark
Work Type: Internship
Deadline: Nov 13 2017 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time)
Are you studying innovation, economics or a related field? Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children? UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen, Denmark is seeking a Research Intern for the Markets, Supplier Financing and Innovation Centre.
At UNICEF Supply Division (SD), the Markets, Supplier Financing and Innovation Centre is recruiting for a Research Intern. The Centre works with colleagues across the different procurement centres, country offices and other divisions to drive R&D and accelerate scale-up of products which are currently not available on the market but fulfil a priority need in the unique context in which UNICEF and its partners operate. The work of this centre includes reducing market barriers and constraints for existing and future products. Each project requires a vast amount of research and analysis of the current and future market, hence the requirement of this internship. More information on the type of innovation projects currently led by UNICEF Supply Division can be found here.
The SD Innovation Unit seeks an intern for a 26 week period starting 8thJanuary 2018.
Based in Copenhagen, the main purpose of the internship is to, support the development of SD’s innovation projects by:
– Undertaking research, desk reviews and data analysis in relation to innovation projects
– Supporting the Innovation Unit by ensuring progress in project development
– Becoming a significant actor in assisting project activities
The position will report to the Technical Officer (Innovation), Director’s Office.
It may be possible to apply for a stipend from UNICEF to support undertaking the internship. More information on UNICEF internships here.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
Within the delegated authority and the given organisational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties:
– Conduct market surveys, research, demand forecasts and analyses of different product and commodity areas as required
– Mapping of innovative, pre-commercial/incomplete designs to better understand the future landscape for required commodity areas
– Offering support to project leads for the development of innovation projects
– Assist the Innovation Unit in any additional tasks as a required
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Applicants must be enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate, or graduate school, or be a recent graduate (graduated within past 2 years). Suitable disciplines for this internship include innovation management, engineering, product design, market research and analysis, economics. Applicants from other disciplines may be accepted.
– Experience in market survey and analysis of engineering and technology products useful
– Experience in project management desirable
– Excel skills and experience in financial monitoring and demand forecasting desirable
– Active and up to date knowledge of modern, innovative materials and technologies desirable
– Ability to quickly understand instructions, asks for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time.
– Effective communicator of verbal and written concepts to international audiences.
– Able to work well in a team environment with colleagues in Copenhagen, New York and worldwide Country Offices.
– Able to work independently and problem solving oriented.
– Gather comprehensive information to support decision making.
– Analyse numerical data and all other sources of information.
– Good communication skills.
– Knowledge of standard MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
– Computer skills, including internet navigation and web applications.
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential and in another UN language is an advantage.
UNICEF CORE VALUES
Diversity and Inclusion: Treats all people with dignity and respect; shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, cultural and religious differences; challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace; encourages diversity wherever possible.
Integrity: Maintains high ethical standards; takes clear ethical stands; keeps promises; immediately addresses untrustworthy or dishonest behaviour; resists pressure in decision-making from internal and external sources; does not abuse power or authority.
Commitment: Demonstrates commitment to UNICEF’s mission and to the wider UN system; demonstrates the values of UNICEF in daily activities and behaviours; seeks out new challenges, assignments, and responsibilities; promotes UNICEF’s cause.
Please apply by submitting your application by Monday 13th November 23:55. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, applications will be reviewed continuously.
*Posting and application portal for this job on unicef.org can only be accessed during the application period