Download the complete Terms of Reference here
Job no: 497880
Work type: Consultancy – Open to Burundian Nationals Only
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D), Innovation
One of the most successful initiatives to come out of UNICEF’s Innovations unit to date is the youth-led social monitoring platform U-Report. U-Report is a youth-facing mobile engagement initiative led by UNICEF in partnership with local youth organizations, to amplify the voices of young people and empower them to speak out about the issues that matter most to them. Through the platform, U‐Reporters can voice their opinions about what is happening in their communities and work together with leaders at the community and national level to deliver positive social change. The U-Report platform will be used to discuss key community level development issues and solicit information about concerns that are priorities for the survival, development, protection and participation of children and adolescents.
This position will focus on reinforcing data use for advocacy and programming, ensuring reports are utilized and issues visibly addressed at decentralized and centralized local levels. As such a strategy to enable communities to engage with and use report findings is key.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The consultant is expected to build on the first phase of the 2015 public launch, continuing to scale U-Report nationally and strengthen its systems, focusing on the aforementioned strategic areas. The consultant will continue scale-up by expanding the network of project partners and U-Reporters around the country. This is underpinned and enabled by standardizing the process to use data for community empowerment: presenting this information to exert influence on local, regional and national stakeholders as part of a larger governance and accountability strategy. S/he is expected to ensure information collected feeds into UNICEF and government programmatic goals: to provide the best possible environment for children to develop.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
The consultant will have relevant qualifications and experience with demonstrated skills that meet the following requirements:
- University degree in social sciences, peacebuilding, international development, communication, social or behavioral science, or related discipline.
- Strong background in research or evaluation design, data collection, and project management.
- At least 2 years of experiences in managing projects.
- Understanding of and rich experience in conceptualization, program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation as well as systems development. Knowledge and experience with academic institutions are desirable;
- Experience in participatory approaches and working with a rights-based approach to program communication, designing communication tools and promoting behavioral development, in particular, in the area of youth and adolescent rights, is desirable.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
Advertised: Syria Standard Time
Applications close: Syria Standard Time
Download the complete Terms of Reference here for tasks and deliverables.