eTools Community Manager and Deployment Consultant
Field Results Group
Duration: 11.5 months
Duty Station: New York
UNICEF’s role in planning, measuring, tracking, and reporting results for children requires the ability to gather, integrate, and share information between multiple actors. The demands for real-time information and problem solving with partners is vital to this process, especially in humanitarian action. While some country offices have attempted to address these needs individually in the past, eTools is the only institutionally supported platform built for this purpose.
eTools is a platform designed and built by UNICEF to strengthen the way it works with partners in managing results for children.
eTools development follows a phased and modular approach to software development, with releases based on an agreed set of prioritized modules and features. With eTools being incrementally introduced to country offices throughout 2016-17, the need for a knowledge base, training material, and product documentation is becoming paramount. Hence, the eTools project seeks a technical writer to develop content for the eTools knowledge base, create a product specification document, and provide direction/guidance around the production of videos and online course material.
- Responsible for supporting UNICEF Country Offices, Regional Offices, and other partners in training and adopting eTools for UNICEF programming where appropriate and according to specific needs of country programs.
- Manage content and user activity on the eTools community platforms (Yammer, UserVoice, and Intranet Site) – including outreach to country offices and partner organizations for submitting new case studies and sharing news, tips, and announcements related to their eTools usage
- Support the global roll-out of eTools, including assistance in workshop facilitation, based on prioritization and guidance provided by the Senior Deployment Specialist
- Coordinate with Technical Writer in keeping the eTools knowledge base up to date, and moderate user forums
- Assist in monitoring progress on eTools roll-out and report upcoming country deployments
- Facilitate Global Working Group and Yammer Group discussions and webinars. This includes:
- Identifying channels and resources to ensure proactive, continuous communication, effective engagement and feedback management
- Preparing and disseminating regular updates and (via multiple channels), on the status of eTools activities and upcoming milestone events
- Hold standing user calls to announce new features, answer questions, and enable users to share their eTools experience with others
- Maintain the eTools email account by keeping track of issues and queries from field offices, channelling these issues to appropriate offices (including the ITSS Global Help Desk) and, tracking responses and closure by the relevant staff members.
- Undertake preparatory, coordination and documentation work for key global workshops that relate to the eTools initiative.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- University degree in Communications, International Affairs, International Relations, International Development, Business Management, or related practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing user communities for large-scale products,
- Experience in user mobilization, ticketing issues, and guiding users through web and mobile based platforms.
- Proven skills in training, management, and strategic thinking
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan, and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills
- Ability to travel (specifically to facilitate on-site trainings and workshops with UNICEF Country Offices)
Fluency in English. Proficiency in French and/or Spanish is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send submit:
1. Detailed and up-to-date P11 form (which can be downloaded athttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) and/or a CV/resume;
2. Covering letter explaining what makes you suitable for this position; and
3. Daily rate for professional services (all-inclusive).
Submissions are to be sent to email@example.com with subject line “Community Manager” by latest 08 March 2016, 17:00 CET.
Applicants must clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. JANE_DOE_CV or JANE_DOE_CoverLetter.
This is an urgent requirement, so successful candidates will be expected to start soon after selection. Please indicate your ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
Please note that acknowledgement of application will be extended only to short-listed candidates.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.