United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) | Bangkok, Thailand
Vacancy Announcement 2015/065
Title: Mobile Network Consultant
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Issue Date: 19 November 2015
Closing Date: 2 December 2015
UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office is seeking an individual consultant to map out the East Asia and Pacific Mobile Network Operator (MNO) landscape in the region expanding on groundwork undertaken by UNICEF; document MNO engagement models and develop and implement a strategy, identifying lessons learned; bundle this into a toolkit that will enhance preparedness and response in the advance of or during an emergency.
Under the supervision of Regional Advisor ICT in collaboration with Senior Advisor on Innovation and Regional Emergency Advisor, the consultant will examine the East Asia and Pacific MNO landscape, with a deep dive into five priority countries. These countries are i) characterized by or prone to chronic and/or sudden-onset emergencies; ii) either scoping or implementing mobile-based innovations; and iii) with offices that have the opportunity to explore new and/or expand their existing partnerships with MNOs. In the priority countries for the Landscape mapping: Outline the MNO landscape in East Asia and Pacific by building on existing mapping undertaken in UNICEF, to include Indonesia, Malaysia, Pacific, Thailand and Timor-Leste.
- Landscape mapping: Outline the MNO landscape in East Asia and Pacific by building on existing mapping undertaken in UNICEF, to include:
- The MNOs in each country, country population, estimated # subscribers and % of mobile population this represents.
- Coverage characteristics especially relevant to UNICEF’s work e.g. urban/rural, youth-relevant information, do they reach more marginalized/geographically remote?
- Note holding relationships e.g. Digi in Malaysia is connected to Telenor (49% stake); Digicel is present in Fiji and Papua New Guinea (PNG), etc.
- Note existing UNICEF relationships e.g. service provider, partnership etc.
- Document engagement models:
- Define and outline the roles of parties involved in enabling mobile engagement and how to work with them, including but not limited to telecom regulators, aggregators, MNOs, government line ministries and UNICEF.
- Suggest how these models can help us reach marginalised populations particularly at the emergency response phase.
- Negotiation model/strategy:
- Develop a negotiation model/strategy for UNICEF to engage MNOs in their market contexts.
- Reflect the key lessons learned in EAPR thus far based on key informant interviews.
- Initiate the activation of the negotiation model in the identified five priority countries, aiming for:
- Develop the MoU / contract process and approach with key MNOs to support demonstrably quicker response in case of emergency e.g. strengthen response capacity by being able to activate pre-signed agreement with an MNO.
- Short case study of negotiation experience and key outcomes (3 pages).
- Mobile-ready toolkit: Create a toolkit including the above resources to guide an office through the steps to successfully negotiate from scratch to having shortcodes and agreements with MNOs in their country. Must include process and steps, checklists and insightful tips. Must be jargon-free and designed with a user who has little/no experience with mobile/MNOs in mind. Liaise with UNICEF Regional colleagues for input through the supervisor.
- Support proof of concept exercise: Provide support/input as required to a planned proof of concept exercise that will demonstrate relevance to emergency preparedness and DRR. One of the five priority countries will be implementing a prototype RapidPro flow related to DRR for seasonal flooding, with an eye to learning from the 2015 flooding seasons and exploring further applicability for the 2016 flood season.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 100 working days within 5 months
Official Travel: The consultant will work at a UNICEF office in the EAP region. Some travel within the region may be required.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- University degree in Commerce or relevant area of study.
- Minimum 4 years enterprise (B2B) experience.
- Experience in MNO/Telecommunications sector and related supplier experience; East Asia and Pacific experience a significant asset.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in the mobile industry required. This may include the messaging market (SMS, Voice, email, etc.), FSI’s, USSD, and the mobile transaction market.
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial contractual processes, methodologies, operations and related technologies.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks within deadlines. Attention to details.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV/P11, 2 references, a relevant work sample, proposed daily professional fee and all-inclusive travel cost to/from Bangkok in USD by 2 December 2015 to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Please note the air tickets under UNICEF contract shall be re-routable, refundable type (economy class and most direct route). The consultant will be responsible for own travel insurance, visa fee and terminal expenses.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.