Title: Support for Private Sector Development of Low-Cost Sanitation Products Consultancy Assignment
Duration: 6 months full time, with possible extensionDuration:
Post location will change based on evolving need. Currently, it is estimated:
Months 1-3: Based in UNICEF Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office (Nairobi, Kenya):
Months 3-6: Based in another UNICEF Regional office (TBD)
Start Date: August 3, 2015
Reporting to: Joint reporting lines to Chief of the Water, Sanitation, & Education Centre (WSEC), UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen and to the Sanitation regional advisor, ESARO, Nairobi.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant to document the ESARO project, conduct a lessons learned, and develop a standard methodology that can be replicated in other regions and countries. Depending on interest and commitment from WASH staff, the project envisions applying the methodology in other regional and country office programmes and their respective private sector partners.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- Advanced university degree in environmental sciences, engineering, public health, product design, or other relevant fields. Studies in innovation, or water, sanitation and hygiene would be of added value.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive relevant professional experience.
- Extensive hands-on work experience on sanitation and hygiene projects in rural communities and with sanitation marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of innovative technologies and product development for low-resource settings, including experience with user research and development of requirements documents (e.g. target product profiles).
- Experience with planning, documenting and monitoring of field trials or pilot projects.
- Experience with conducting cost/benefit analyses.
- Familiarity with UN procurement guidelines and public-private partnerships.
- Experience in UNICEF or another UN Agency desirable.
How to Apply:
Applications are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “CATS Product Development Consultant” by 29 July 5:00pm CET. Please indicate your availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter/application.
- Financial quote at a daily rate in US Dollars excluding all taxes. Financial quote should be inclusive of travel expenses (Economy air ticket) to and from duty station.
- Examples of previous, relevant work.
- Proposed methodology/approach to managing the project.
- At least 2 References
- P 11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at (http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html).
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.