If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant to revise and expand the guidance for programme coordinators, which include a Core Guidance and Supply Guidance book for all users, and Programme Coordinators booklet of. His or her work will result in finalized versions that are ready for graphic design and production.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- An advanced degree in social sciences with a technical focus in the areas of child protection, education, social work, human rights, and/or international development;
- At least 5-8 years of mid-level experience in writing designing, and editing published guidance materials to support management, coordination and implementation of education, child protection and/or youth programmes in humanitarian contexts for development and/or humanitarian programme (preference given to those with experience working with or for UNICEF or other UN agencies and INGO partners);
- Demonstrated experience in working with adolescents in development or humanitarian contexts;
- Fluency in English and outstanding writing skills;
- Experience working with individuals from diverse professional backgrounds to deliver on specific tasks or projects;
- Knowledge of UNICEF and UN language, protocols, branding and design standards;
- Flexibility to communicate and participate remotely in meetings with UNICEF staff or partners in the USA and other time zones in Latin America, Africa or Asia at their availability using e-mail, skype and phone;
- Ability to work with minimal daily supervision and exercise sound judgment in meeting deadlines.
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to send their submissions to email@example.com with subject line: “Writer: Programme Coordinators Guide for Adolescent Kit for Expression and Innovation, Consultancy” by 21 July 2015, 5:00pm EST.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter,
- CV, and
- P 11 form (http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc)
- Indicate where you heard about this advertisement
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
NOTE: Files should not exceed 5.0MB limit
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.