Title: Peacebuilding Competency Assessment Toolkit for the Adolescent Kit for Expression and Innovation Consultancy Assignment
Location: Remote Based
Language (s) Required: English
Travel: Yes, as required
Duration of Contract: 70 work days (20 July – 31 October 2015)
Application Deadline: 21 July 2015
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant to revise and finalize the Competency Framework and guidance note, and develop the new, accompanying Assessment Toolkit. Develop an Assessment Toolkit, with guidance and tools that country offices can use and adapt to measure the impact of their programmes and interventions on adolescents’ development and use of competencies as peacebuilders. That toolkit will be included among the guidance and tools for the Adolescent Kit for Expression and Innovation, and will also be usable and relevant for programmes and interventions in which other resources for the kit are not necessarily used.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- An advanced degree in social sciences with a technical focus in the areas of child protection, education, social work, human rights, and/or international development;
- At least 10 years relevant Senior-level experience, including field experience, in contributing to and advancing issues related to post-conflict, peacebuilding, and/or peace education, especially as pertaining to adolescents;
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and/or evaluating child protection and/or education programmes for children and young people in humanitarian assistance contexts, including:
- Developing and using tools for measuring learning outcomes, especially with respect to competencies such as socioemotional learning, critical thinking, creativity, and
- Developing and using tools for measuring psychosocial and participation outcomes.
- Utilizing participatory methodologies to monitor and/or evaluate programs with and for children or young people.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to send their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Peacebuilding Competency Assessment Toolkit for the Adolescent Kit for Expression and Innovation, Consultancy” by 21 July 2015, 5:00pm EST.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter,
- CV, and
- P 11 form (http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc)
- Indicate where you heard about this advertisement
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
NOTE: Files should not exceed 5.0MB limit
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.