Location: New York, USA
Job level: P-4
Application close: 30 June, 2015
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Technology Specialist to support the planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of the overall technical aspects of the new digital platforms. This role will coordinate with UNICEF’s ITSS and communication teams as well as with external vendors in charge of building and deploying the platforms. In addition, the Technology Specialist will work closely with the internal web development team to work through the transition and grow the team to support the new platforms.
Please see Terms of Reference
- Advanced university degree or equivalent work experience in Digital Media, Computer Science or Engineering, Business Administration, Communication or related field.
- Eight years progressively responsible professional work experience in digital media and/or digital communication, including two years at the management level.
- Proven experience with large implementations of enterprise Web CMS, either open sourced or proprietary (Candidates need to indicate their experience with specific
- CMS’s in their applications, those without proven experience will not be considered.)
- Experience in interactive design and innovation, including platform interoperability and mobile device accessibility.
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems at an enterprise level.
- Proven experience in the technical transitions of digital online platforms such as web and web content management system at an enterprise level.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
- Expertise with software development methodologies, web application framework.
- Expert-knowledge of technical project management and web technologies, including content management systems, and digital asset management systems, front-end and back-end web development, as well as solid understanding of mobile and mobile app development.
- Excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.).
- High level knowledge of, and proven experience, in internet and digital media, web standards, localization and accessibility.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management, consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of contemporary development issues, developing country and programme exposure from field experience, and familiarity with child-related and UNICEF issues, including child rights.
- Experience with work in a non-profit organization a plus.
- Fluency in English; another UN language is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills; ability to convey complex information clearly and confidently to a wide range of staff, including management.
- Must be very well organized and detail oriented
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and team skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitized in working in a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Knowledge and applied work experience in web, social media, and mobile principles and technologies sufficient to execute, lead or advise others in assuring that online communication and audience engagement tools and channels are fully leveraged.
- An in-depth understanding and problem-solving approach to project management as it relates to complex, multifunctional projects.
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines. Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- General knowledge of: Communication practice, methodology and practical application. Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research planning and strategy.
- Fundamentals of working in various media formats – print, audio, video, web etc.
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Good understanding of United Nations or other international organizations
How to apply:
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2015. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘Digital Communication Specialist (Technology Specialist, Digital Transformation)’, is quoted on the subject line. Applicants MUST submit their resume and a signed & dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. To download P11:http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Please note that acknowledgement of application will be extended only to short-listed candidates.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.