If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant to explore and document what UNICEF actual requirements for temporary structures in the field are, in order to:
a. clearly understand how they are used,
b. understand the type of environments (geographic, climatic and social) they need to operate in and,
c. define the specifications needed.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
• Minimum five years professional relevant work experience including with Temporary Structures.
• A Master’s degree in a relevant programmatic field is preferred.
• Theoretical programmatic knowledge and practical experience with Temporary Structures is desired .
• Knowledge of the environment UNICEF operates in and understanding of the constraints of working in difficult geographical locations is required.
• Experience in working with international organizations is required. Experience in working with UNICEF is an advantage.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills particularly for reporting and developing analytical and informative materials.
• Demonstrated communication and relationship building skills.
• Proven capacity to work within collaborative teams across different locations and with different technical skills.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit:
1. Cover letter/application.
2. Financial quote for consultancy at a deliverable rate in US Dollars excluding all taxes.
4. Examples of previous, relevant work.
5. Proposed methodology/approach to managing the project.
7. P 11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc.
Applications are to be sent to: email@example.com with subject line “Temporary Structures Consultant: Copenhagen” by 8 May 5:00pm CET.
Please indicate your availability to undertake the terms of reference above. Your financial quotation should be broken down into a per deliverable cost as per the 5 deliverables highlighted in “Key Deliverable” table in the Terms of Reference.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.