Do you have at least 2-3 years of previous experience with program management and coordination? Have you ever worked with students? Do you have proven communications and writing skills? Are you familiar with WordPress, basic HTML and CSS? If you answered yes to all of the preceding questions, you have a good chance of being the person we are looking for.
The key responsibilities of the Project Manager are to oversee operations and strategic development of the Global Design for UNICEF Challenge, an academic competition that engages students in coming up with innovative solutions to pressing development problems.
The Project Manager will
- Promote the Challenge through internal and external communication channels
- Support partnerships with participating UNICEF Country Offices and universities
- Manage development and distribution of Challenge materials
- Contribute to quality assurance of global process by leading daily operations from UNICEF NYHQ
- Assist with guiding program expansion by engaging additional Country Offices and universities.
Duration: January 6 – July 30, 2014
Duty Station: Innovation Unit, UNICEF NYHQ
Applicants should email resume and cover letter to unicef.jobs(at)gmail.com by December 13, 2013.
For more information, see the Terms of Reference
Check also other job opportunities within UNICEF innovation work