Over the next several weeks we will be using this blog to tell the stories of Technology for Development efforts happening in UNICEF country offices – as a complement to internal discussions, we will post links and resources on this site as a way to share some past successes and failure. If you would like to add a story please DM/@/email us and we’ll put it in the schedule.
Here is our dissemination plan. Please feel free to suggest changes to the plan – it’s a work in progress.
We will be posting these out about every three days.
Part 1: Some Key Projects: (3rd and 4th week of Feb)
- Kosovo’s Technology for Development / Innovation Lab (background and blog)
- Project Mwana: HIV/AIDS engagement in Malawi and Zambia using RapidSMS (funding proposal structure and blog)
- Further background on Mobile Service Providers study (#2) (blog posts on methodology, who was surveyed, etc.)
Part 2: Some Specific Countries (1st week March)
- Rwanda Lancet article on Rwanda RapidSMS for reducing maternal and neonatal mortality + project background
- Mixed Bag: Specific country case studies (10 case studies of mobile tech4dev projects across country offices.
- Uganda: RapidFTR project and its field testing and preliminarydeployment in Uganda
Part 3: Some abstract thinking needing development (2nd week march)
- How to engage mobile service providers
- Child friendly technology (in Education) framework
- Draft Mobile Money in UNICEF report
- Overview of Mobile Projects in UNICEF
- Mobile Service Providers and their work with CO’s (report summary from a 6 month research project recently completedCTO)